At today’s Zoom Open Call for US Organizers, I presented a liability policy quote from Progressive Insurance underwritten by Hiscox Insurance. The PDF of that quote is attached.
The context for this quote is a Repair Café group in North Carolina organized as a 501©3 called Triangle Repair Network.
- Protect Volunteers, Guests and Hosts
- Include Completed Operations Coverage
- No need to protect the following:
- Revenue: Group has Minimal Revenue ($3,000 per year)
- No Business Property Protection
- No provision of In-home service
- The Volunteers have:
- No professional training
- No background checks
- Policy does not need to include Errors and Omissions Coverage
At $500/year I think this is probably the cheapest you can get 1 year of coverage including Completed Operations coverage which is key. Completed Operations covers the use of a repaired item after the guest takes it home.
The period of Completed Operations coverage is only while the policy is in force (or subsequently renewed). I haven’t read the entire policy but I encourage you to call Progressive yourself to find out if this is right for your group.